|Title:||Public Participation at Board of Trustee Meetings|
|Policy Owner:||Board of Trustees|
|Applies to:||Faculty, Staff, Students, Others|
|Effective Date:||January 5, 2004|
|For More Information, Contact||Board of Trustees|
|Contact Information:||(860) 486-2333|
Under the conditions described below, the Board shall hear brief oral presentations from members of the public who wish to express their views on matters pending before the Board or on other issues of concern to the University.
- The agenda for each regular open meeting shall allot time for the Board to hear brief oral presentations from members of the public who request such opportunity.
- Requests to address the Board shall be made to the Chairman or the Executive Secretary of the Board preferably at least 24 hours before the beginning of the meeting, but in no case after the meeting has been called to order. In signing up to address the Board, each speaker shall specify the subject to be addressed.
- The Chairman of the Board shall recognize each speaker in the order of signing up, request proper identification, maintain proper order, and require adherence to time limits.
- In public participation period, the Board shall not hear public comment regarding individual University employees, matters in litigation, or other subjects properly to be considered in executive session as specified under the statutes.
- At a special meeting of the Board, comment by members of the public shall be limited specifically to the purpose for which the meeting has been called.
- The Board will give due attention to all oral presentations from the public, but is neither required nor expected to respond immediately to questions or issues.